Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How do you say Jack's Korean name?

This is a question I have been asked by many friends and relitives. The answer I gave was not always the most confident. I leared when I asked a friend over the phone and I had to practice a bit. His Korean name is Gyeong-min. The G is more like a "K/G" sound together. The whole first part Gyeong, is one syllable and the second part is another. I had a freind over for coffee this morning so I could get to know her a bit. Her name is Eunha. She is a friend I met at MOPS last year and I found out today that she actually shares the same hometown as Jack! She has been a great help to us when we have questions about Korea. I can not express how thankful I am to have her as a friend, it has been so nice to know I have someone I can talk to about Korean culture. She is even going to bring me some of her mother's home made kimchee to try! I will write about that adventure when it happens. So while I had this wonderful woman over for a visit, I had her say Jack's name and I video taped it. So for all who want to learn, and for all who are curiuos... you can check out the video. Unfortunatly though the timing is off and I do not have a video editor that I can fix it on. But it will help just hearing it anyway. It wouldn't let me load it either. So use this link. Ugh technology!

http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh466/soccermom113/Fall%202009/?action=view¤t=MOV05667-1.flv

No comments: