Friday, November 6, 2009

Jack Jack Appleseed

I had to share this before I forgot to write it down someplace. My kids love the song Johhny Appleseed. They like it so much and know it is a prayer that they like to sing it at bedtime for an extra prayer. But.... Ever since we knew we were going to have a Jack Baby, they sing the words a bit differently. Here is how their prayer song goes.

Oh the Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord,
For giving me the things I need,
The sun and the rain and the Jack baby
The Lord is good go me!

Amen, Amen, Amen...... etc.


I hope Allie and Ethan always remember singing that every night waiting for their brother to come home.

I also hope Jack will realize how excited they are to have him come home. Ethan even tells random people we see in stores like the checkout lady that he is going to have a "Jack Jack" he is in "Koweea". Jack Jack is the name of the baby in the Disney movie about a superhero family called the Incredibles. Ethan knows that his Jack is not like "Jack Jack" but the name stuck. Ethan loves to look at Jack's picture and say "my Jack Jack". Allie told aunt Lara once that she doesn't like it when Ethan says it is "his Jack Jack" because it is "All of our's Jack Jack". Allie associates Jack with Christmas and thinks she is going to unwrap a present with him inside it. We are trying to talk her into just a bow. They both like to say when their brother drools on them or tries to crawl on them that they are going to say "Jack Jack Attack"

No comments: