Friday, September 18, 2009

Natalie is off to South Korea!

My friend Natalie, who got her referral on May 21'st, got her travel call yesterday! Which means she has the all clear to make travel plans to pick up her little man. I am so excited for her! She is also in my MOPS group this year. We had a meeting this morning and she was only stopping in to drop off some fruit for breakfast before she ran around town to get ready to leave next week. So I ran to MOPS this morning to drop off the care package that she will deliver to HOLT when she goes to meet her son. Then HOLT will get it to Jack. I was bawling when I got to see her. I was so happy for her. To think next time I see her she will have her boy.
I must admit I am sad a little bit only because I now feel I am waiting alone, when before I had someone to wait with. Yet I would not, for the world, want her to wait longer!!! She is going to be so close to where my son is, or at least in the same city. I know I will be in the same situation in a few months! It does make things seem a bit more real. It will be nice to have a friend who has boldly go before us so to speak. She will be able to give us hints and tips on travel and such.
So where does that leave us. Well... We got our referral about 2 1/2 months after her so that could mean that 2 1/2 months from now we could be traveling! But there is no scientific way to know. I will outline the steps for you in the next post so you can keep track a little easier.

No comments: